Learning Outcome 2
2. Use the Internet to send and
receive electronic mail. To achieve Learning Outcome Two
you could answer the following questions and send your answers
in e-mail messages.
Make sure you have set the preferences to put a copy of your
messages in the "Sent" folder.
You should also store any messages which you receive. Create
a folder for storing your replies.
You may wish to look at the simulation in Level Three of the
CD-ROM as revision before you begin.
- Answer the following questions and send your answers by e-mail
- Explain the different parts of the following e-mail address:
What does each part of the address tell you?
When you send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org where
will it go?
How will the assessor get your message?
- Explain the different parts of your own e-mail address.
Move the message which you sent to email@example.com,
from the "Sent" folder, into your new folder. Your
tutor will want to see it.
- When you receive a reply, move it into the folder
which you created as well. Your tutor will want to see that you
have managed to get the message, read it and file it.
- Send a second message giving your comments on the
CD-ROM to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you have sent it, move
your message from the "Sent" folder to your own folder.
Your tutor will want to see this message too.