Learning Outcome 4
4. Access information stored on
the Internet. To achieve Learning Outcome Four you could
answer the following questions. In order to find the answers
you will have to visit particular Web sites. Bookmark this page
so that you can get back to the questions quickly.
You may wish to look again at the simulation for Level Two
before you begin. Remember to keep your answers as evidence for
assessment. Your tutor will, of course, want to see them.
- When you have are ready to start, make notes about the various
factors which could affect speed of your connection to the Internet.
- Visit the Web sites of the following newspapers and note
down what event seems to be the most important one on each site.
You will have to visit all of the newspapers on the same
day to be able to make a comparison.
- Select a newspaper from outside of the United Kingdom and
comment on how the same story is explained in that newspaper.
Are there differences in the way the event is reported?
- Go to the Alta Vista search engine http://www.altavista.digital.com
Find out the Web address of "CNN". Write down its
Web address or URL.
What is CNN? Has CNN covered the same event as the newspapers?
Is its reporting any different from the newspapers?.